RV ADVENTURE STORIES
- A Tour of “Mitch” Our Tow Vehicle | Ford F150 V8 XLT 4WDThis week on our YouTube channel, we show you around our Tow Vehicle, and share with you some of the gadgets and products that make … Continue reading A Tour of “Mitch” Our Tow Vehicle | Ford F150 V8 XLT 4WD
- We are Podcasting!Well, we finally took the leap and published our first Podcast! We hope you will follow us on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. Check it out … Continue reading We are Podcasting!
- Next YouTube video is now live!Check out our latest episode … Season 1 Recap. Check it out!
- Our RV Gear Recommendations!When Terri and I started RV’g a little less than a year ago, we had no idea what we would need for our RV “Abbey.” … Continue reading Our RV Gear Recommendations!
- No more RV’g!At least until next year! In our next YouTube episode on Sunday 10/31/21 at 5:00pm Central, we recap our Season 1. We share a surprise … Continue reading No more RV’g!
Aviation ADVENTURE STORIES
- Our Most Recent Aviation AdventureTraining Flight with Joseph Alsay My dear friend and clergy colleague Joseph Alsay had never flowing in a small aircraft. I … Continue reading Our Most Recent Aviation Adventure
CRUISE ADVENTURE STORIES
- Cruise Travel Update August 8, 2021Well, it is has been two years since we were on a cruise ship. We long for those lazy days on the Serenity Deck, awesome dinners in the Main Dining Room, delicious … Continue reading Cruise Travel Update August 8, 2021
- SERMON 11/21/21 Feast of “Christ the King” St. Luke’s, Ada, OKDaniel 7:9-10, 13-14; Psalm 93 ; Revelation 1:4b-8; John 18:33-37 A Paradox: “Christ the King” We mainline Christians live our liturgical lives in seasonal cycle participating in the narrative of the salvation history of God … Continue reading SERMON 11/21/21 Feast of “Christ the King” St. Luke’s, Ada, OK
- SERMON 11-14-21 Proper 28 St John’s Episcopal Church, Vinita, OKDaniel 12:1-3; Psalm 16; Hebrews 10:11-14 (15-18) 19-25; Mark 13:1-8 The Perfect Temples We Create Several years ago, when I served on another Bishop’s staff, I was sent into a church that had … Continue reading SERMON 11-14-21 Proper 28 St John’s Episcopal Church, Vinita, OK
- SERMON Pentecost 21 B Proper 24 St. Andrew’s Grove, OKJob 38:1-7, (34-41); Psalm 104:1-9, 25, 37b; Hebrews 5:1-10; Mark 10:35-45 WATCH ONLINE https://fb.watch/8J6WH3fWNW/ Success vs. The Cross James and John asked Jesus, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask … Continue reading SERMON Pentecost 21 B Proper 24 St. Andrew’s Grove, OK
- SERMON 9-26-21 Pentecost 18B Proper 21, St. James OKCWatch Online: https://fb.watch/8hrNQfb0Qv/ Esther 7:1-6, 9-10; 9:20-22; Psalm 124 ; James 5:13-20; Mark 9:38-50 Stumbling in faith Jesus said, “For everyone will be salted with fire. Salt is good; but if salt has lost its … Continue reading SERMON 9-26-21 Pentecost 18B Proper 21, St. James OKC
- SERMON Pentecost 11B Proper 14, St. James, Wagoner, OK1 Kings 19:4-8; Psalm 34:1-8; Ephesians 4:25-5:2; John 6:35, 41-51 Community and Unity Two Sundays ago, we heard about Jesus feeding the 5000 with bread and fish, last week we heard Jesus describe … Continue reading SERMON Pentecost 11B Proper 14, St. James, Wagoner, OK
- SERMON 7/25/21 Pentecost 9B Christ Church, El Reno, OK2 Kings 4:42-44; Psalm 145:10-19 ; Ephesians 3:14-21; John 6:1-21 FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD How many of you love food, and how many of you love to cook? My first career was as an Associate Buyer … Continue reading SERMON 7/25/21 Pentecost 9B Christ Church, El Reno, OK
- SERMON 7/18/21 Pentecost 8B St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Sand Springs, OKJeremiah 23:1-6; Psalm 23; Ephesians 2:11-22; Mark 6:30-34, 53-56 A Call to Prayer “The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.” I imagine Jesus sitting there patiently … Continue reading SERMON 7/18/21 Pentecost 8B St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Sand Springs, OK
- SERMON 7/11/21 Pentecost 7B St. Paul’s Cathedral, OKC, OKAmos 7:7-15; Psalm 85:8-13; Ephesians 1:3-14; Mark 6:14-29 To Tell the Truth In the late 20th century, there was a popular game show called “To Tell the Truth.” In this popular television series three contestants … Continue reading SERMON 7/11/21 Pentecost 7B St. Paul’s Cathedral, OKC, OK
- SERMON – St Mark’s Perry OK -Pentecost 4B Proper 6-20-21The Boat: A symbol of the Church Jesus woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm.” Pre-Covid, Terri and I … Continue reading SERMON – St Mark’s Perry OK -Pentecost 4B Proper 6-20-21
- SERMON 5/23/20 Feast of Pentecost, St. Mark’s Seminole; St. Paul’s HoldenvilleActs 2:1-21; Psalm 104:25-35, 37; Romans 8:22-27; John 15:26-27; 16:4b-15 Mentor, Teachers, Advocates, and Guides Have you ever had that teacher, coach, mentor, or friend in your life, the one who saw gifts in … Continue reading SERMON 5/23/20 Feast of Pentecost, St. Mark’s Seminole; St. Paul’s Holdenville
- SERMON 5/16/21 Easter 7B St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Enid, OKActs 1:15-17, 21-26; Psalm 1; 1 John 5:9-13; John 17:6-19 FLASH MOBS One day (pre-Pandemic) a group of friends was shopping in a local mall. It was a normal day of crowded walkways … Continue reading SERMON 5/16/21 Easter 7B St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Enid, OK
- A Call to Unity as We remember 9/11 (Never Forget)Twenty years ago on 9/11/2001, America was forever changed by an unimaginable tragic event that we will never forget. Within hours of the planes crashing into buildings, churches and synagogues were filled with … Continue reading A Call to Unity as We remember 9/11 (Never Forget)
- Leadership Quote of the Week 9/20/18Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It’s about keeping your team focused on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high and … Continue reading Leadership Quote of the Week 9/20/18
- Leadership Quote of the Week“Progress always involves risk; you can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.” — Frederick Wilcox
- Faith in the midst of “Detours, Distractions, and Bumps in the Road”Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body … Continue reading Faith in the midst of “Detours, Distractions, and Bumps in the Road”
- Dreaming: Another New YearAs you approach the end of 2017, what are the things that you look back on with great delight and joy? What are the unknown possibilities that you’re dreaming about for 2018? What … Continue reading Dreaming: Another New Year
- “Take Courage” – An Advent ReflectionMatthew 14:27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” A wise spiritual director once told me, “Tension and discomfort are usually signs that change … Continue reading “Take Courage” – An Advent Reflection
- “Wisdom” 12/1/16Sometimes, we have to live quietly, patiently, and faithfully in the ambiguity of life and trust that God’s in charge. Other times, we must take a stand, face what is ahead, and walk … Continue reading “Wisdom” 12/1/16
- “Integrity” A Civil Air Patrol Core Valueby Ch. Maj. Eric Cooter, CAP Group 5 Chaplain/Unit Chaplain Merriam Webster Dictionary defines “Integrity” both as “the quality of being honest and fair,” as well as “the state of being complete or whole.” … Continue reading “Integrity” A Civil Air Patrol Core Value
- Newsletter Jan 2012: “Baptism – Entry into the Community”There are several days throughout the Christian year that are appropriate for Christian baptism, one of which is the Easter Vigil. This year, we will have the opportunity as a community to welcome … Continue reading Newsletter Jan 2012: “Baptism – Entry into the Community”
- December Newsletter: “The Incarnation: “God with Us”In a feed trough in a small stable over 2000 years ago, salvation appeared as God the Creator, Sustainer and Redeemer was revealed in a small infant in swaddling clothes. It is a … Continue reading December Newsletter: “The Incarnation: “God with Us”
- November Newsletter: “Risk Taking: A Christian Journey"For some folks, taking a risk comes with feelings of uncertainty, anxiety, and eventually, maybe a strong refusal to budge from the safety of status quo. However, taking risks are key to growth … Continue reading November Newsletter: “Risk Taking: A Christian Journey"